Thursday, February 01, 2007

Five Random Things Meme

Joee Bloggs tagged me to write 5 random things about myself.

Gosh these Meme's are pointless (what does Meme mean??) but enable us to be even more egotistical than usual, so why not indeed?

I'm not sure I can think of 5 things people don't know... I guess that wasn't the task though, was it? ok...

1) When I was 16 I was flying an aeroplane (actually flying it, me and the pilot, I had control (Sir) at the time) when the engine failed. Luckily I didn't think that was a big deal, and assumed we'd just glide like a glider, so didn't panic, and rather more luckily, the engine started again.

2) I am unable to ride a bicycle (yes, you do forget) although I plan to learn, and then to buy a pink 125 cc scooter... when I get a job

3) I passed out in a taxi and woke up in the middle of nowhere, but I did wake up, and the taxi driver did drive me home, I hope his intention was just to drive me home the long way so as to overcharge me. That was the first and last time I got stoned.

4) The UK theme on Radio 4 made getting up at 5.20 for placement all seem worthwhile.

5) I started going to mass because the protestants didn't drink or smoke, and had very strict morals. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humour?!

I tag Adamo, who won't respond because he has a Serious blog, and Chris, same applies. Laura, who is Queen of Memes, Niamh, because I haven't linked to her before, and Jude because I like her (not that I don't like the others, of course)

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

Queen of Memes, eh? Don't know if that's a slap in the face or what... ;)

I'll get to this soon, most likely. Thanks .. I think.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
I am 30/m/London - familiar with the Holy Name Church. When do you go?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Mhari said...

Not as often as I'd like to! I live in Leeds now, but just finished studying in Manchester and used to go most days... I miss the glorious liturgies and the slightly rude clerics in the pub afterwards :) Did you study in Manchester?

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rude Holy Name clerics? Whatever could you mean? ;-)

I am shocked that you have been stoned - I mean how unbecoming of a Groeschelian nun afterall. *tut*

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home