Saturday, May 20, 2006

RESSURECTION!

This is a post all about the unfortunate experiences that one comes across when sleeping in a ground floor room in manchester's student ghetto.

The first of such was waking up at 2.30am, propping myself up to look out my window to see what woke me up, and looking straight into the eyes of a young man. Now, I have some thing like net curtains, which you can't see through from the outside at all (I've checked!) so I wasn't quite sure what he was doing looking in the window... until I realised he WASN'T looking in the window, he was relieving himself on the wall directly underneath. EURGH. I thought about knocking on the window, but I have a huge Divine Mercy poster in the top frame, and I didn't want his enduring memory of Our Lord to be linked with him being disturbed mid-flow. nice.

Anyway, that's all fairly irrelevent, what happened a few months later is the purpose of this (rather rambling) post. Again I was awoken in the early hours by loud obnoxious studenty types, this time one of them was hanging by his arms from the lovely wee tree in front of our house, eventually, after many drunken grunts of exertion he succeeded in his dastardly goal of breaking the tree off half way down it's trunk. I was so upset, it's such a mindless thing to do to a little tree that was peacefully growing up without disturbing anyone. The next day we found what they were doing as a house a few doors down had been barricaded with 3 bits of tree trunk, a shopping trolley, a couple of fence posts and some (big metal) flower pots.

The point of all this long story of woe is found in the arrival of spring. illustrated in this photo. God is good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home