Tuesday, June 20, 2006

He fills with greatness the small and the weak who believe in Him


31st May… Feast of the Visitation. Morning Meditation.

I feel kind of battered, I guess the devil finds every way to attack us, met a beautiful Sister at Hyning Monastery who was ever so old and ever so sweet, and told me that the most important thing in life is to “cling to Jesus.” That often comes to mind, and it’s what I think I need to do right now… realised today that I have carelessly slipped into the sin of pride, shoulda seen it coming yesterday “…now I’m not rejecting the world anymore…” *polishes halo* eugh! Does God want me here because I’m so great… no!

Office of Readings for the Feast of the Visitation, 2nd Reading from the writings of St Bede the Venerable.

When a man devotes all his thoughts to the praise and service of the Lord, he proclaims God’s greatness. His observance of God’s commandments, moreover, shows that he has God’s power and goodness always at heart. His spirit rejoices in God his saviour and delights in the mere recollection of his creator who gives him hope for eternal salvation… For the Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. Mary attributes nothing to her own merits. She attributes all her greatness to the gift of the one whose essence is power and whose nature is greatness, for He fills with greatness the small and the weak who believe in Him.

So the first thing is to recognise my smallness, my weakness, my unworthiness, but as JDH pointed out last week, I can also marvel at the magnificent mystery of how God makes me worthy…

The Lord has chosen her, His loved one from the beginning, alleluia, alleluia.
He has taken her to live with Him, alleluia, alleluia.

Praise God.

the picture... it's a long story, but nowt to do with NY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home