Thursday, June 22, 2006

Praising God for my Parents.

I wasn’t sure whether to include this, as it won’t make much sense to anyone else reading it, oh well, I don’t have a massive audience anyway! I was praying about how wonderful God is, that when you are prepared to sacrifice the things you love most to Him, He gives you a thousand times them back. I was thinking particularly of my family and my vocation (I’ve been praying a prayer St Jose-Maria wrote in Furrow, “God, I want only what You want, if this thing I’m asking for takes me as much as one inch away from Your Will, don’t give it to me.” Which is one of the hardest prayers I’ve prayed!) but more and more it seems God is going to let me be a Sister, and just before I arrived I got a letter from Mum to say that she loves me, and hopes I’ll find God’s plan for me on this visit. God is so good. So, without further ado:

God, I want to thank You for my parents. I want to thank You that they love each other so much; that’s the first thank You: their love for each other. I want to thank You for their love for me. Thank You that when Dad found out that Mum was pregnant he threw her in the air he was so happy; thank You that Mum was so totally besotted with her funny looking little baby. Thank You that when Dad was away on exercise in Belize for 6 months he wrote to me saying that my letter made him so happy he almost cried; thank You that Mum saved me from my depression with her tears when I was a teenager. Thank You that Mum and Dad were so sorry that they had broken our bond of trust over Caroline; that they forgave me and suffered with me and loved me when my relationship with Saverio ended. Thank You that Mum came to mass when I was received into the Church, and read her (non-Catholic) Bible. Thank You that Mum was heartbroken because she couldn’t support me in my vocation. Thank You that Dad tries to understand. Thank You that Mum wrote to me last week. Thank You so much for that.

Thank You that my parents’ vocation is to be the mother and father of a consecrated religious sister, and that You’ve given them a faith community that has not told them to turn on me. Thank You that Mum knows that this is all from You.

Thank you that Mum wrote to me last week.

May God give you His peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

What a cool list of 'thank you's

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home